Q & A - About Our Gap Cover Work Experience Programme



Some Questions And Answers

  • Who will I be working for? You will be working for The SAS Law School.
  • For how long has The SAS Law School been running? 23 years.
  • Will I be working at the School's UK address? No.
  • Where will I go to carry out my work? The local courts nearest to where you currently live.
  • As I don't live in the UK who will organise the work experience* for me in my own country? The SAS Law school.
  • What will my job title be? International Court Trial Reporter.
  • What will my work involve? Attending court cases/trials and providing CASE/TRIAL REPORTS.
  • How many days a month must I work? Its up to you. 1 day, 4 days 20 days there is no minimum or maximum.
  • Will I be trained to do this work? Yes. Plus further on the job training.
  • How long can I remain on this work placment programme? Indefinitely e.g. until you get a job.
  • If I get a job then become unemployed again can I come back onto the programme? YES.
  • How will it help me get a job? If you have been unemployed for many months there will be a big gap in your CV/Resume work history. This can cast a dark cloud over any interview you may get. Working as a court trial reporter will make you look more employable.
  • How else will it help me? Working as a Court Trial Reporter will be perceived by employers as a good indication of your capabilities and overall abilities. You will also get a work related job reference from the school.
  • Is a place guaranteed? Yes, if you can provide us with court reports.
  • Will I be paid? No. You must see this as investing in your own future.
  • Are there terms and conditions? Yes there are 4 terms/conditions: a/ to be accepted onto our Work Experience/Placement programme you must answer 20 questions from our training manual and pay a one-off admin fee of £30. No previous knowledge of law is required. b/To qualify for a reference you must produce and send in to the school at least 1 court case/trial report covering the month that you want a reference for. The report must be for a case/trial that was taking place in the same month that the report was sent back to the school. c/ You must accept that your reports will become the sole property of the school and can be utilized by the school for any of its teaching programmes. d/ Whilst carrying on the work of a court case/trial reporter for the school you must not bring the school into disrepute by improper, or unprofessional conduct or by wearing immodest or unprofessional attire..

    Click to register yourself for 'Employment Gap' Job Cover

    Click to provide someone else with 'Job Gap' Cover as a Gift